Credits: PWTorch reader Amir Khostavan
At the start of the show, Justin Roberts announced that the scheduled Champion vs. Champion match would not take place since John Cena could not make it to the event. Instead, Brad Maddox made an appearance and booked a battle royal with the winner being the #1 contender to the World Heavyweight Championship later that evening in a match versus Alberto Del Rio/
(1) Big Show won a #1 contender battle royal in his in-ring return. To start the match, Rob Van Dam, Christian, R-Truth, Justin Gabriel, Wade Barrett, The Usos, The Shield, The Miz, Mark Henry, and Ryback made their way to the ring. However, before things got under way, Big Show’s music played to a huge pop and The Giant was the last entrant. The final four players were Show, Henry, Barrett, and Ryback. Show eventually won by eliminating Ryback.
(2) Kane beat Luke Harper via DQ when the other members of the Wyatt Family interfered to cause the DQ finish. Kane made quick work of the Family to send them out of the ring as Bray Wyatt let the entire arena know through his mannerisms that he enjoyed every second of it.
(3) Kaitlyn beat Alicia Fox with the spear.
(4) Rob Van Dam pinned Ryback with the Five Star Frogsplash. Great physical match with Ryback playing the perfect heel and grounding RVD throughout the match.
(5) Mark Henry & The Usos beat The Shield when Henry delivered the World’s Strongest Slam to Rollins for the pin. On a side note, the crowd was really into the Usos and were heavily involved throughout the match.
(6) IC champion Curtis Axel (w/Paul Heyman) beat The Miz to retain the Intercontinental Title. Heyman interfered towards the end as Miz had the figure-four locked on Axel. As the referee was checking on Miz, Heyman scraped Miz’s eyes. This gave Axel the opening to hit his finisher for the win.
(7) Big Show beat World Hvt. champion Alberto Del Rio via DQ; Del Rio retained the World Title. Del Rio was DQ’ed when he brought a chair into the ring.
(8) Daniel Bryan beat Randy Orton in a No DQ match after he powerslammed Orton through a table. Match of the Night by far as it went almost 25 minutes. The crowd ate it up.